Save some cash on your smoothies
Cara and I just got back from holidays late on Wednesday evening. We were passing our local Tesco on the way home at about 9pm. We’ve learned never to pass by our Tesco at that time of the day because Tesco reduce the prices on fruit and veg with today’s best before date by 90% at the end of the day! The result was that we bagged, amongst other things, several €0.40 boxes of raspberries - which are perfect for smoothies, taste gorgeous, healthy and freezable.
Solve some problems:
Tesco deals is one of many solutions for people who don’t think they have enough time or money to get into great shape. My ideal would be to have a garden full of organic fresh fruit and vegetables for smoothies and I’m working towards it but in the meantime I need to work with the imperfections in my reality! There are solutions available to us the moment we start looking for them! The problem isn’t a deficit of time or money for most of us - it is just a deficit of belief and inspiration!
The solution to ‘not enough time and not enough money to get in shape’
I could cry when I hear people say; ‘I don’t have enough time or money’ to get in shape, lose weight, eat well and/or run the marathon! When you commit to get into great shape then the truth is that you’ll have more physical energy from the exercise, more emotional capacity because you feel better about yourself and you can have more time by multi-tasking by exercising as a means of transport or exercising with friends.
There are ways to find time:
I want to lose about 12 lbs in the next three weeks before a big triathlon I’m competing in. I don’t worry about whether I’m going to succeed or not because I already know it is done because;
- I’ve done it before (but there was a first time!),
- It is actually very simple (I’m not selling some secret here - just copy what I’m doing to get the same result)
- I’m not going to fail because I am emotionally invested in the result
I’ve learned that investing time in preparing great quality food gives a return in energy later in the day so what feels like time spent is really time well invested as it creates an energy return later on in the day.
This specific smoothie recipe:
- Put a handful of raspberries in the blender per person
- Put a handful of spinach in the blender per person
- Juice 3-4 Carrots per person (depending on size)
- If the berries are fresh then add some ice to chill and create a ‘slushy’
- Enjoy the delicious taste of raspberry slushy and at the same time know that you are eating one of the most nutrient dense foods there is in raw spinach, reducing your risk of cancer, improving your blood pressure etc etc!
(For anyone interested the rest of breakfast was a gorgeous cup of green tea from Les Palais Des Thes, Mushrooms on a healthy bagel and an egg which I know is not vegan! Also, the €1 per person price is just for the smoothie - which would be a great breakfast in itself)
No comments:
Post a Comment